Overland Park, Kansas
1.3K views 15 comments

I will start off with if you switched to Square for any reason, you are not protected and you have made a grave mistake.

If you process high dollar amount product and have proof of delivery, you are still not safe from chargebacks from Square. I had a few chargebacks that were not justified (people just trying to reverse charges for shipping). Giving Square the terms of our site, proof of delivery and every documentation needed to show we did everything legally they held our funds. They went past the 30-60 days and then stated "I HAVE BEATEN THE CHARGEBACK BUT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO HOLD THE FUNDS FOR ANOTHER 60-90 DAYS IN THE EVENT THEY FILE ANOTHER CHARGE BACK AGAIN! How can they do that and go against their terms of service. I will be filing a complaint through BBB and IC3 for this financial scam they are pulling.

SQUAREUP / SQUARE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING REVIEW: SCAM, NO MERCHANT PROTECTION, JUST LIKE PAYPAL IN MOST BUSINESS PRACTICES.

DO NOT USE THIS CREDIT CARD PROCESSING. YOU WILL NOT BE PROTECTED!!!!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Square?

Comments

the bbb does nothing to help ive been waiting 5 months for my money and nothing i was reading their terms and conditions and on there it states that money that is held for 2 years will become theirs this is not right

Gg
Nashville, Tennessee, United States #900322

I have had four chargebacks with square that were obvious that the chargeback was unfounded. Square never would represent us and always returned the funds.

Sherminator

Move over "Bernie"......You may be getting a new "cell mate" soon!

Tony

I used squareup for my business and it was the worst thing i did.My company sells a high price item .

We recieved a chargeback and with out any notice from squareup they took the money out of my bank account. The customer had the system for 97 days which was way past our cancellation date.

Now I use

The fee are much lower and they give me cash back on transaction .

If you use the the 4 digit code 3149 you get free equipment .They will beat any merchant fee's so you can save money

Tony Young

Andy D Abreu
San Antonio, Florida, United States #834259

Being judged and sentenced without being heard or defended, that describe charge back from Square.I had one customer taken money out of my bank account without me being contacted or questioned, or even weighted to evaluate if the charge back was legitimate or not.

Plain and simple, a customer just got my services, and stole the money back. I had no hearing, no defense, and not notice.

It is that fair?Be aware of this practice that legitimate an activity that has not other name; a legal ways to receive service and products for free.

AsPissedAsYou
Savannah, Georgia, United States #755914

Same issue as all the rest. I won't be using square ever again. Braintree is a little more tricky to set up but their next-day deposits NEVER falter.

diann

Negative Reviews and Complaints:

A quick Google search will produce way more feedback on Square then you could ever hope to read. Here is a summary of the most common complaints.

Terrible Support - This is the number one complaint lodged against Square. Some Square merchants even go so far as to suggest that Square is a "scam" because of their appalling track record of processing funds that have been placed on hold. Square support indicates that they will respond to email inquiries within 24 hours. The time frame is sometimes closer to 2-3 days according to a slew of frustrated merchant reports.

Issues with Deposits - Difficulty with inaccessible funds is a close second in the complaints department. Square's aggressive fraud prevention tactics have put many small businesses in a position where they can't access their income because their transactions have raised a general red flag for any number of reasons.

Crashes and Bugs - The Square interface isn't perfect. Numerous Square merchants report that they regularly have to reboot after crashes. Other common issues include malfunctioning credit card swipes and occasional bugs. :eek

cnb

I confirm Square most certainly deserves a big fat F for customer service. I literally received the worst customer service of my life from this product.

I have been working for the past couple months to start a nonprofit organization with a few other founding members. We decided to have a fundraiser to kick things off just recently. Several weeks before the fundraiser we bought two Square readers to take credit card donations during the fundraiser. On the Square reader box, it says it only takes a few minutes to get you up and running and accepting credit card payments (They are flat out lying about this; total false advertising here.) So a few days before the event we decided we should probably get the square readers set up so we didn't have to do it last minute. Then the nightmare began....

There is no possible way to get the Square reader to start accepting credit cards in a matter of minutes because you have to wait 1 to 3 business days for them to deposit two test deposits into your bank account to verify all of your information.

Because it was going to take 1 to 3 days, we freaked out and tried to contact them directly. As mentioned in the review, they have no customer service number where you can actually talk to someone. All they have is a number with an automated message telling you to contact their customer service email and you'll receive an email back within a "prompt" 24 HOURS!!

So... emailed them with an urgent request to get...

The day of I received NO response from customer service although I flooded their inbox with between 75 to 100 emails in hopes of getting it all figured out before our fundraiser began. Again... this was by far the worst experience in customer service in my life. I highly suggest waiting until there is a direct customer service line before ever attempting to use this service.

avpllc@comcast.net

I rent high end beach property on he east coast $10,000 a week avg billing- I can not get my initial payments transferred to my bank account, This is my customers money- i will have to pay this out of my own pocket !

Square DOES NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS.

DOES NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL PHONE LINE THAT A HUMAN ANSWERS- JUST AN OUTGOING MESSAGE THAT REFERES YOU BACK TO WEBSITE TO EMAIL YOUR QUESTION----WHICH WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED!

STAY AWAY- USE A LEGITIMATE CARD COMPANY. LEARNED MY LESSON THE HARD WAY. SCAM--SCAM--SCAM--

be scared of square !!

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!

Tasha

If you are a business owner who has or is in need of a visa/mastercard merchant account...please contact me. I am a national account executive for Merchant e-Solutions. I will work with you to get you the lowest rate available.

When you partner with Merchant e-Solutions, you receive high levels of service and security from a credit card processing company that knows the payment industry inside and out. From e-commerce payment gateways to retail and restaurant solutions, business-to-business processing capabilities to electronic invoicing, we offer cost-effective merchant credit card processing services that are fast, secure and easy to integrate. Need help getting your small business up and running smoothly? Looking to switch credit card processors due to cost and security? Our extensive experience and expertise helps you get the lowest rates, so that you can save money while safely accepting all major credit cards, debit cards and ACH payments for increased profits and improved business.

Contact me to get started

Tasha Prince