Valley Center, California
4.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I've had a Square-Up account for my small business for three or four years. The other day I received an email saying my account has been closed due to violations of "Part-3 or 4" of their General Use & Conditions. I cannot find anything in that text to indicate that I should have a problem. Nothing had changed since I started using Square and I received no warnings or questions about anything; Just an abrupt end to my use of the account.

I tried to contact their support people but can't get a person since I no longer have a customer number. When I sent an email to them I received a one or two sentence response referring to the same Parts 3 or 4 of their Conditions etc.

This is unfortunate because I was happily paying them their fees to transact business and, since I don't use their other services, it should have been easy money for them; A true win-win scenario.

I see that there are other options to Square and I will now pursue use of them. If they work out for me, you can bet that I will not only never go back to using Square, but I'll be recommending others avoid them like the plague. This was a very frustrating and damaging experience that could have been avoided with a simple phone call to clear up any issue their computer or non-English speaking Support people may have had.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Square. The most disappointing about square account from Square was abruptly closed my account with no warning and provided no live support to clear up issue , but reviewer liked were a reliable source for several years. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Square.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Square to other companies on our site.

Comments