Valley Center, California
4.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I've had a Square-Up account for my small business for three or four years. The other day I received an email saying my account has been closed due to violations of "Part-3 or 4" of their General Use & Conditions. I cannot find anything in that text to indicate that I should have a problem. Nothing had changed since I started using Square and I received no warnings or questions about anything; Just an abrupt end to my use of the account.

I tried to contact their support people but can't get a person since I no longer have a customer number. When I sent an email to them I received a one or two sentence response referring to the same Parts 3 or 4 of their Conditions etc.

This is unfortunate because I was happily paying them their fees to transact business and, since I don't use their other services, it should have been easy money for them; A true win-win scenario.

I see that there are other options to Square and I will now pursue use of them. If they work out for me, you can bet that I will not only never go back to using Square, but I'll be recommending others avoid them like the plague. This was a very frustrating and damaging experience that could have been avoided with a simple phone call to clear up any issue their computer or non-English speaking Support people may have had.

Product or Service Mentioned: Square Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Were a reliable source for several years.

I didn't like: Abruptly closed my account with no warning, Provided no live support to clear up issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 02, 2016.

Comments