Verified Reviewer

1.1

Update by user Dec 02, 2021

Uploaded proof that the $400 was mine.

Update by user Dec 02, 2021

Below, I copied the email Square sent me the day after I wrote this review. It’s funny to me that they say they can’t support me for something I never did with their service.

My cash, $400 they get to keep for 90 days. 90 days and no recourse. I feel violated by this company. Essentially, they take my personal money, not from a sale because I haven’t sold anything yet, but from my 9-5 earnings and tell me there’s nothing I can do.

Hello Kenneth,Our Account Services team has reviewed your account and determined that we are no longer able to support processing your payments. Starting today, your account with Square is deactivated.Any funds currently in your account balance will be held for a period of 90 days, and are due to be released to you within two business days after March 02, 2022.Please be advised that the release date and amount available for release are subject to change based on factors that include receiving additional chargebacks after this notice. In addition, chargeback activity on payments unrelated to these funds will result in additional debits from your linked bank account.For payments that haven’t been deposited (generally in the last few days), you may consider having your customer pay you by another method (cash, check, etc.) and refunding the payment(s) back to the original payment card(s). The full payment amount will be returned to your customer.

Refunds can be issued within 120 days of the original payment date. To learn more about issuing refunds, please visit here.

Original review posted by user Dec 01, 2021

Opened an account (worst decision ever) and before I made a sale with a customer I transferred money from my personal bank into Square Checking so I could get things for my business and have records in Square. Immediately after my $400 went into Square they disabled my account and blocked all transfers from Square.

I never received an email, never a call, and I havent even completed a customer transaction yet. Its been a week; I gave all forms I thought I should give because no one has said anything to me; I call everyday just to hear, I will escalate this to account services and they will call or email right away. Never have they called, not even a peep. They have essentially stole my money.

Why is this legal? This is America now I guess. So, Ill just sit back like the rest of you and deal with it because were all too spineless to stop companies from doing whatever they please. Its very disheartening and frustrating; also cost me a client because I could not purchase an item for their account and someone else got the job.

So, they steal, give you the finger, cost you thousands, and taunt you with no care.

F Square. They will pay through courts hopefully.

User's recommendation: Don’t.

Product or Service Mentioned: Square Account.

Preferred solution: Just my money .

Square Cons: Poor customer service no real person answers the phone, Hard to get in touch on phone, No customer service response, Bank fraud, Text.

Location: Avenida Ester, 271, 13150-000, Cosmópolis