3.1
Interest Rate

Ive been using Square for 4 years with no problem ta all. Today, i tried to process an order and received a message that my account has been permanently deactivated!

What!?

Why? No warning and no way to get answers! They have single handedly brought my business to a grinding halt.

I will report this to the BBB. Square should be deactivated!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of square account from Square. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Square to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Square for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

They did the same thing to me report them!!!!

WE NEED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAIST SQUARE!!!

Forget the BBB, contact the Attorney Generals Office for your state. Most have a consumer advocacy division.

I live in VT and contacted my Attorney General's office and they are trying to mitigate on my behalf they even sent my entire complaint over to the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the VT Department of Financial Regulation. In 24 hours I got a case number from all THREE agencies. I have had my account de-activated while they are HOLDING OVER $25,000.00 in "PENDING DEPOSITS" which have been pending since as far back as March 30th!!! I have been emailing and waiting for useless invalid codes from Square and receiving auto (NO REPLY TO) emails for over a month and have yet to receive a phone call or an email stating why they are holding my money hostage.

The other day I got an email from Squares compliance dept. which said that they are letting me know that they will be HOLDING MY MONEY for 180 DAYS UNLESS CIRCUMSTANCES REQUIRE THAT WE RESERVE THIS RESERVE PERIOD!!! Clam it is due to unusual or high risk activity. They suggest that I refund the card holder to get my money!

ALL BUT 3 TRANSACTIONS ARE OVER 60 DAYS AND SQUARES REFUND POLICY STATES NO REFUNDS OF PAYMENT CAN BE PROCESSED ON TRANSACTIONS OVER 60 DAYS OLD!!!! I am an interior designer and took 2 credit cards from the same client to do a remodel. Square processed over $50,000.00 with no problem then decided to hold up the last 19 transactions. I have vendors to pay for the product i sold to my client and I need the money that my client paid to me that Square is holding to do that.

Not to mention that my client has paid all his credit card statements so why can't Square just verify that there is no unusual or high risk activity. I'm tempted to do a refund for the few remaining transactions that have not exceeded 30 days but I'm afraid that might get screwed up too and then that money will be lost in cyber space somewhere and not in my "Pending Deposits" from SQUARE. Also if you read the refund time it can take 14 days to go back onto your clients card! Seriously, how is that possible?

Also if you read the SMALL amount of info on the Square web site regarding refunds you will also see that they can remove funds from your bank account without your permission!!! I have contacted my bank to put a block on Square removing funds and I would suggest that anyone else experiencing these kinds of problems do so too.