Verified Reviewer

I have been loyal to Square for years, but recently I have been very disappointed and scared to proceed with them. Recently I have added wholesale to my business and I get paid per order filled.

Sometimes 1 order ships a day, Sometimes 20. The day before Thanksgiving I had a few deposits hit my account (all from the wholesale company I get orders through) totaling $1700. I was at the store with my kids getting things for Thanksgiving and when I tried to use my Square Debit card it declined. I could very clearly see there was money both from the deposits + money that was previously in there from my shop sales.

After having to call Square they notified me that my account was being reviewed due to those deposits. I explained that I have began wholesaling and that multiple deposits will be expected. He noted my account and within 3 hours it was unlocked. Fast forward a week...

I had 9 deposits hit my account for $1900 I was at the store and card was declined again. I called Square and was told yes, my account was "periodically reviewed" and there's nothing they can do. I literally have no cash, am stuck at the store, gas light on, and they didn't care. It is DEPOSITS, not withdrawals so I cannot understand why the "security alert".

Also, they froze ALL of my money, not just from the deposits.

I am still without access to my money and cannot get anyone to respond to me. They are THIEVES AND LIARS

User's recommendation: BEWARE!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Square Account.

Preferred solution: I WANT MY MONEY.

Square Pros: Debit card, Ease of use.

Comments