Square - Deactivated my account for no reason

8 of 246 Square reviews

They put my money on hold asking for the proper paperwork.Sent it off and got a response (after I reached out to them) saying my account is deactivated 2days before Christmas.

My client paid me for the work I did prior and now my funds are "pending" which cost me my rent for the month and expenses I had to cover for my business. I'm very upset. The don't have a number to call. They give you a auto reply email.

I have been using square since July never had a issue, but now I have one.I've sent out 10 emails no response to anyone but a auto reply.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Financial Services
review #981537 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Square? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 246 Square reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Monique

Jan 04 #1265261 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

I see someone else wanting to do a class action suit. Looks like I am going to go that route too since no one at square wants to professional handle the situation.
Square won't even tell me the status of the customers dispute and I have no way to contact square as the email support is generic.
Thank goodness I have kept all my email logs from square, practically begging to get help and they avoid you.

Monique

Jan 04 #1265259 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

Ironic,
I am having similar situation with Square. They are a scam for sure. I do over a million dollars in sales, not all with Square. One customer did a chargeback for $7500, even though I had proof of delivery from tracking and letter from post office stating as delivery to receptionist. Now they are charging my bank acct. $7500 and NO ONE picks up phone. It just loops and loops.
SQUARE is going to get themselves in BIG trouble for messing around with others money like that.

Sean Evans

Jan 02 #1264498 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

I just started my business and went thru the $1 test and it went thru fine but when i started charging my clients all of a sudden i got this messages saying that i have to be verified.. Sounds like that should be something they did prior to me being able to charge anything to my clients card.. This is a bunch of B.S. I will be moving to another merchant because their is no way that i should be sitting here waiting on my funds because they want to hold my money to do something they should have done in the beginning....

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.