They put my money on hold asking for the proper paperwork.Sent it off and got a response (after I reached out to them) saying my account is deactivated 2days before Christmas.

Related: Square Account Review

My client paid me for the work I did prior and now my funds are "pending" which cost me my rent for the month and expenses I had to cover for my business. I'm very upset. The don't have a number to call. They give you a auto reply email.

I have been using square since July never had a issue, but now I have one.I've sent out 10 emails no response to anyone but a auto reply.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Square Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $1331
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Square?

Comments

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1277431

Join the club,

I am an atty who is completely being jerked around by square.I have never had a charge back until recently and which upon hearing about the dispute from the customer I immediately refunded the money, $10,000.00.

I have given Square all the information they wanted sometimes more than three times, and I've complied with all the requests. Yet my account is still frozen.

They are a horrendous.I'm getting a copy of the contract and intend to sue them because it will cost been nothing but will cost them thousands let's see if I can get their attention then!

Monique
Aliso Viejo, California, United States #1265261

I see someone else wanting to do a class action suit.Looks like I am going to go that route too since no one at square wants to professional handle the situation.

Square won't even tell me the status of the customers dispute and I have no way to contact square as the email support is generic.

Thank goodness I have kept all my email logs from square, practically begging to get help and they avoid you.

Monique
Aliso Viejo, California, United States #1265259

Ironic,

I am having similar situation with Square.They are a scam for sure.

I do over a million dollars in sales, not all with Square. One customer did a chargeback for $7500, even though I had proof of delivery from tracking and letter from post office stating as delivery to receptionist. Now they are charging my bank acct.

$7500 and NO ONE picks up phone.It just loops and loops.

SQUARE is going to get themselves in BIG trouble for messing around with others money like that.

Sean Evans
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1264498

I just started my business and went thru the $1 test and it went thru fine but when i started charging my clients all of a sudden i got this messages saying that i have to be verified..Sounds like that should be something they did prior to me being able to charge anything to my clients card..

This is a bunch of B.S.I will be moving to another merchant because their is no way that i should be sitting here waiting on my funds because they want to hold my money to do something they should have done in the beginning....