7.6K views

THEY ARE NOT FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!!!

WILL TOTALLY SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR

NO REASON!!! THEY ARE HOLDING $2500 OF MINE

FOR 90 DAYS!!! NO EXPLANATION.... WILL NOT EXCEPT

ANY PHONE CALLS!!! SO FOR 90 DAYS THEY WILL COLLECT

INTEREST ON MY MONEY AND AS U CAN SEE AS U READ THROUGH

THIS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER DOLLARS

SNATCHED AND RETAINED FROM OTHER SMALL BUSINESS

OWNERS!!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE!!!!

IF U WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF A CLASS ACTION LAW

SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY PLEASE CONTACT ME

AT STREETTALKPROMO@***.COM!!!! I WILL NOT STOP

UNTIL THEY ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Square Account.

Reason of review: ROBBED!!!!.

Location: Forest Park, Georgia

Comments

They are doing the same on my account holding $2000 dollars of my money asking to verify my business when everything has already been verified I can’t get any one on the phone because I need a costumer code and only way to get that is through email which takes a few business days I’m a small business owner I can’t afford to have my funds held

We are but insignificant flies in their powerful web. They seem to have all the power while we have none.

I am ready to participate in a lawsuit.

I am in Long Beach CA and they kept $3250. of my reciepts when closeing the account and threatened that if I submit refunds, they turn around and want to take the same amount from my bank IN TWO DAYS, compared to when they want to keep out money ITS 90 DAYS>

Square got me for $5,412 this last March, 2021 (9 mos. ago), just like a million plus other merchants - No reason and no recourse.

Locked out of all avenues for address. This should not be a civil action, taking years, although the law says it is "Conversion" by definition which is civil - absolutely ridiculous! This is "criminal" and should be addressed in criminal courts under "embezzlement" (a felony) for all Square officers. 5 Years.

Period! They are counting on class action lawsuits so they can settle their theft for pennies on the dollar and skate free and clear. Here is what happened. Square services small businesses.

Small businesses shut down during the pandemic (covid-19), hence Square could make no money on fees. Coming out of the pandemic when all the small businesses needed to recover - Square nailed many of them for their hard-earned money - 100% of it, and then locked their victims out, so they didn't have to put up with the nasty complaints. This $100 billion strong company, traded on the NY stock exchange was so successful with the theft - they were not only able to recover from the pandemic, but was able to purchase "Cash App" (another cash cow) with their stolen money from more than a million of their account holders, and get even bigger. This is not only fodder for a class action law suit where only the attorneys win (years from now) by settling "out of court" - it is also embezzlement from a position of fiduciary trust - a criminal matter - deserving of jail time as well as complete restitution for the victims.

File an affidavit with your State Attorney's office demanding prosecution. Enough of us do so - we will get our money, Cash App. will be taken away from they, the thieves will go to jail - justice will finally be served. Anything short of this is not justice!

Go on line - and craft an appropriate affidavit for your State's Attorney General - It is free, it is easy and you do not need a lawyer. Certify the demand and get a return receipt. Now the Attorney General is compelled to act. Follow it up with more demands in the same manner.

Eventually they will have to act. With a million victims out there - they have no choice! I felt so much better when I started this fight and will continue to do so.

I cannot lay down and continue to be their victim any longer.. Please join this fight.

#2119491
@Ciera Hmc

Guys, no one goes to jail for screwing over poor people. You already lost your chance to fight back as soon as you signed up.

Email me at sandyjj11@***.com... Im so sad right now because I was able to find a email to contact Square an I sent them about 60 emails.

I was up for three days, I had to go to the hospital because I was on the *** of a heart attack, Stressed out trying to my $1000 back from them. I could have died dealing square.

Class Action Suite Needed Quickly An it look likes they dont care what color you are they are taking every ones money. I can believe all the complainst im reading today about square.

The same thing just happened to me with square they put a hold on my $1000 for 5 days I had no way to pay my bills or take are of my children. Square is targeting poor people of color.

There was no reason for them to hold my money with no way of contacting them to resolve the problem. This is all a game fort Square they know poor people dont have the extra money to fight them. I found a link on a consumer affairs website to square just to contact them by email.

Why is there no dam email link on Square website. This is all done on purpose, to steal from poor people

#2082986

Over $2,900.00 being held from me and they will not take responsibility for their mistakes. Horrible customer service and Company.

#2078037

Square almost went under during the pandemic. Small businesses were forced to close and hence no merchant fees were paid to Square, drying up their "life blood"!

To save themselves, Square conjured up a FELONIOUS scheme of "Embezzlement", victimizing tens of thousands of vulnerable and randomly selected small business account holders, extracting billions of dollars to bolster their cash reserves, from a position of Fiduciary Trust. This colossal heist, perhaps the largest in our history, was so successful that Square not only saved themselves by destroying only a small percentage of their clients - they were able to expand, and purchase Cash App with their haul. No guns, just a few simple key strokes. Best of all, they currently have no "posse" chasing them down with arrest warrants.

A class action law suit is exactly what Square wants! A single civil suit, is something they can conveniently settle somewhere down the road (four or five years) for pennies on the dollar. No jail time. What they are doing to their victims is criminally diabolical.

Their illegal assault and theft, complies with every single element for indictment of its executives (Jack Dorsey et al) for criminal embezzlement - in all 50 States. This is FBI business because it crossed state lines, and should be destined for the criminal courts, This is not an action for civil courts, under some sort of "Conversion" theory as Square, Inc. would love. The only one that wins in a class action are the attorneys, If you want your money back now.

and you want to extract some measure of justice against Square - scratch out a short letter, entitled "Criminal Complaint Affidavit against Square, Inc. (no attorney needed) have it notarized,, and send it certified (return receipt requested) to your State's Attorney General who would then be compelled to act. Millions of affidavits will get their attention. Additionally, you can bring an action in small claims court in your local jurisdiction.

No attorney is needed. Represent yourself, forcing Square to do the same in every single case, or forfeit. Amazingly you will finally have a path for recovery. You would be surprised at how fast, merchant support phones will become active once again to all of their hapless victims who have taken them to task in Small Claims Court.

In Florida, for example their is a limit of $5,000.00 for a Small Claims Action. The Clerk of Courts will be glad to help you file your case. It is easy. 90 days?

Really? Square has had $5,412.00 of my money (without cause) and no foreseeable end in sight for 155 days and counting, at this point - and they scored billions, without any accountability and are still doing it. There seems to be no bounds to their greed. Lets all appeal to our Attorney Generals.

Most would like to hang on to their office. A class action lawsuit is precisely what Square wants.

#2074901

Same thing here but they are refusing to send me my money! Said I need to update my account info but I don't have all the info needed to do so.

I told them to cancel my account and they wouldn't.

I have been trying to get my money since August 2021 and have made countless calls and email. i also contacted them via facebook and still nothing!!!!

#2082981
@Westly Gmn

Exact same thing happening to me and I am so mad.

#2073512

I had $1500 missing without a trace! Let's file A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!

#2070231

They are doing the same thing to my company. Holding my funds for one month.

NO customer support via phone.

I an sending a certified letter, contacting my lawyer and the Better Business Bureau. I am totally dissatisfied.

#2064151

i am in this also, they have over 10k of my money and their security dept. is not calling back! they keep telling us to wait, they cant do anything until they sent the email.

#2038726

I am in for this for i have square over charging and not adding correctly when it comes to commissions and tips and also they have been taking money. i have calculated my workers pay and there is money missing and its not calculated correctly.

#2025870

Same here.... Something needs to be done im at about 3200k locked. hit me up if your serious about the suit 714six59eighteight06

#2023361

They are holding $600 Of mine...not as much as yours but that is money that belongs to me. I’m furious!

#2016810

I have had the same experience. On 9/14/2020 deactivated my account without notice and are holding $1551.20. No phone support or response to my many email attempts.

#2003026

Also, I meant to say that I have never banked with Wells Fargo, if that helps everyone to understand the "scenario" fabricated by Square. Again, I will move Heaven on Earth to get this ball rolling for all of us if it has not yet been started.

I will also do as another person on here stated that they were successful in involving their State AG.

I will keep everyone posted as to any news or Lord willing, a resolution. Lisa Gladwell

#2003021

Oh, and the last 4 digits of my phone number is 7731 and the daycare is 8016. Why would they try to hide this information here is beyond me. Lisa Gladwell

#2003019

So evidently this page edits the full email address. I am at yahoo on both. Lisa Gladwell

Square Reviews