Been using Square since December of 2010. Never had even one issue with them until today (July 19th, 2017).

Collecting payment from a customer (while telling them how cool and easy it is to use the square device) and then get a error saying my account is no longer linked to my device. Embarrassing and for a first time customer giving me their personal information does not help with building the trust you need to stay and expand your business. But just thinking in my head it must be a glitch or I did not see some "confirm" your account email companies send all the time. Get back to the office and log in to my square account and see the message ...

"Payment card processing permanently deactivated." And a link. I click on the link and it's their terms of service. But it's the whole document, not the section they may (or may not) be claiming I violated. No email stating what I did wrong and as the account has been deactivated I am no longer able to get the code you need to call and talk to them.

So sent an email (no answer as of this writing). So your cut off from being able to run cards with no notice and no recourse whatsoever. Even if this get resolved, I would no longer recommend them to any small business as nobody running such a business can afford to have their clients payments rejected for no reason, with no communication and no way to get a hold of a live person to correct whatever the issue may be. They got my back account numbers, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

And offer no way to get in contact with them? Really bad business. Have an issue and ignore your customer???

If your with them now make sure you have a 2nd way to take cards. And if your not with them, stay far away!

Review about: Square Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

lysoul_78

Having the same issue!

MajaFlava-VapeDen
Marlton, New Jersey, United States #1354350

Square did this to my company after 4 years as a perfect client and they refuse to tell me why they deactivated my account . They are descriminating against my company type and what we sell even though we followed all rules and stayed compliant with exactly what they told us we couldnand couldn't do .